Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And Andrew says

I'm going stop for just a second.

I got a little grief about this blog.. I'm not sure if the person thought I was exploiting my son. Or if I just didn't need to air our problems.

Completely not the premise of this blog. This blog is for other parents struggling. And also for kids that have issues. For them to read, and hear what a parents perspective is.
We don't always listen to our own parents. If there is a kid out there reading this that I can touch. That I can explain to them how their actions effect their families. And they get it, then there is one less family in turmoil.

I also want to add that I was that kid.. I could just as easily change all the references of Andrew to Kerri, and write almost the very same story..

Something else you should know.. Andrew WANTS to help other families. He knows about this blog. He knows that I intend to be completely honest in it, he knows what the blog stands for. He gets it. He approves, and he said he'd write a letter of approval.

I remember another mother reaching out to me several years ago. I was talking to her on the phone. She knew Andrew, knew of "Andrew's antics" and knew the struggles.
After an issue with her own son, I was talking to her with Andrew sitting next to me. She asked me what she could do as a mother to help her son. So I asked Andrew "what could I do as mother to help you". His reply "exactly what you've done mom, never give up on me".
That's the beauty of Andrew. It's like he can look at our family from the outside, and understand.

So look for a future post from the boy himself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kerri, please keep it up. I remember that "talk".

Kerri said...

I knew you would D.. ;o)

Andrew himself said...

mom u im glad u found away to let the world see how it was to raise a boy to a man and yet no matter who i am in the streets to my mom im still a baby. i hope that everybody that reads this can get something from it bc in the past 21 years of life iev put my mom through hell and back and then some and yet she stood by my side through it all and to the anonymouse person who didnt think that this was such a good idea well Andrew gives his approvle

Kerri said...

Thanks Drew.. Love you.